Travelling can make many people nervous because of the packing hassles. It could be your first important trip or maybe you have been a globetrotter; who wouldn’t welcome a comprehensive travel checklist? Especially if you keep forgetting something or the other, then a checklist of travel essentials will come very handy.
First select your main bag or luggage.
The main thing is to pick a luggage, which is lightweight and not very huge to carry. Depending upon your requirements, decide out of a rolling luggage, a wheeled backpack, a duffel bag, a backpack or a shoulder bag or carry-on luggage. This depends upon the number of days and type of travel. A backpack would suit if it’s an informal short vacation; but you might need a rolling luggage if you are going for a conference and need to pack up formal shirts and blazers. If you are travelling with kids, that’s another story. I will write about that in another article.
Secondly, follow a packing list.
The basic stuff
• Select lightweight clothes as per the weather
• While deciding the T-shirts, tops, jeans, pants etc, research about the culture of the country or city you are visiting and carry clothes accordingly
• Accessories like belts, socks, jacket
• Comfortable shoes
• Sunglasses and if you wear other glasses or contact lenses
• Jewelry and watches
• If you are visiting a warm place or a beach, do carry scarf, stole or bandana
• Swimsuit or swimming trunks
• Cell phone with its earplugs and charger
• Travel pillow and eye mask
• Electric adapters and converter
The Toiletry Bag Basics
• Toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash
• Hair brush/comb
• Deodorant or perfume
• Shampoo and conditioner/ other hair care if any
• Sunscreen with SPF
• Face/body lotion
• Makeup kit (for all ladies ;))
• Face wash, cleanser and cotton swabs
• Personal hygiene items
• Feminine hygiene items
• Personal mini mirror
• Shaving kit and razors
• Facial tissues
• Scissors and nail clippers
• First aid kit
• Personal prescriptions (in case you are under any medication)
• Pain and fever medicines
• Cold medicines
• Diarrhea medicines
• Allergy medicines
• Any basic antiseptic ointment
• Motion sickness pills
Don’t forget your personal items kit
Some things to keep in your carry-on kit or bag are:
• Mobile charger
• Laptop, iPad, and charger(s)
• Camera, memory card, and its chargers
• Books and magazines
• Water bottle
• Travel guides, maps, etc.
Important Travel Documents, Credit Cards and Cash
Now let’s see the International travel checklist:
• Valid Passport and visa(s)
• Personal ID like PAN card, Aadhar card etc or according to the country you are from.
• Credit cards – Make sure your credit card is up to date for use in foreign country. You should call your credit card company and make sure its safe to use in foreign country. I would recommend not to keep much cash while travelling.
• Health insurance document(s)
• Travel insurance document(s)
• Reservations or itineraries print outs or copies on your phone/email
• Hotel contact information
• Transportation tickets
• Any emergency contacts or important addresses you might need
Besides this list of things, pack up some excitement to travel and be positive that you are going to create some wonderful memories.
Featured Image: rawpixel
Above Image: STIL