Though these days there are hundreds of fancy skin care products like skin creams, moisturizers, night creams, face packs and face scrubs, I still rely on my grandma’s recipes even for taking care of my skin. After having tried many face packs for cleansing and scrubbing my face, I have come to a conclusion that my age-old homemade pack gives the best results.
I want to share my secret recipe with you all too. Here it goes:
- Besan/Gram flour/Chickpea Flour – 1 tbsp
- Almond Oil – ½ tbsp (If you have oily skin, then add ½ tsp)
- Turmeric – ½ tsp or 1-2 pinches are also fine
- Raw Milk – to make this mixture thicker
I have oily and sensitive skin but ½ tbsp of Almond oil works for me. Work out on the measurements according to your skin. Some people have oily skin and they tend to get pimples if they apply too much oil on their face. But oil works best for me, even though I have oily skin.
Apply this mixture on your face for 20 minutes and wash your face with warm water. I use leftover as my body scrub too. You can mix more to use this as body scrub. Immediate after washing the face you can see the difference on your face. It gives me even skin tone. I got glowing, healthy and fair skin after using this face pack regularly.
After my marriage I got busy in my routine, my job, taking care of household stuff etc. I stopped using this pack. One day I visited to my grandma and she asked me “what happened to your skin?” and she asked, “Did you stop using besan for your face?” Suddenly I realized that my skin looks so dull and uneven. The moment I reach home next day I made my face pack and applied on my face and neck. I saw difference on my face within a month, after using twice only.
Then I made a ritual to use this pack every 15th day. Now I am using this from last 9 years. But technically I’m using this from my teenage.
So, I haven’t chosen these items just by my whim and fancy. Each one of these things is a miraculous ingredient and has many benefits for our skin. Let’s read about each of them:
- Besan: Also known as or gram flour or chickpea flour is often found in most kitchens. Do you know that besan works magic on skin too? Yes, it has immense beauty benefits and can make your skin glows with amazing health. Some of the benefits of besan as a face pack are: Tan removal, Reduces oiliness, Skin lightening, As a scrub, it reduces light facial hair, Lesser pimples.
You just need to apply a besan face pack once a week (I use this every 15th day) for at least 3 to 4 months to notice a huge difference in not only your skin complexion but also the glow.
- Almond oil: Do you know that a leading beauty expert, Suparna Trikha, says, “Almond oil is great for dry skin. Massage about a teaspoon of almond oil on the dry areas.” Almond oil is loaded with vitamin E which is why it is super for your If you have oily skin, then you can use about 2-3 drops of almond oil in your face pack. Some of the benefits of using almond oil or ‘badam rogan’ in your face pack are:
- Extremely rich in vitamin E, A and D and hence very healthy for skin
- Loaded with anti oxidant properties which hydrate your skin
- Cleanses the pores
- Makes the skin fair and smooth
- Can cure dark circles
- Makes your skin flawless and spot-free
- Turmeric: Turmeric or Haldi is used in all Indian kitchens as of the main ingredients in curries. Besides having so many antiseptic properties, haldi or turmeric benefits your skin for acne, psoriasis, dry skin, eczema, wrinkles etc. Can’t believe it? It’s true. It also has anti-inflammatory properties as it’s very high in antioxidants. So here are some benefits of using turmeric in your face pack:
- Reduces acne or scars
- Calms the skin because of its anti-inflammatory qualities
- Clears up your skin from any breakouts
- Slows down cell damage
- Used as an exfoliant
- Reduce pigmentation and skin tone
- Raw milk
Do you know that raw milk is a great moisturizing ingredient? Not only as a toner for oily skin, raw milk is a wonderful source of making your skin glow. Yes, it makes your skin firm and enhances the facial tissues. So here are some benefits of using raw milk in your face pack: Nourishes deep skin layers, Conditions and moisturizes the skin from inside, Takes care of the winter dryness, Gives a well-toned skin, Lightens complexion or skin colour.
So I guess that these benefits are a good reason for you to use these four ingredients in your wonderful home-made face pack. Try it yourself to believe the glow and magic it offers to your face. For the best results, I recommend using this pack for at least two times a week. Leave it on your face for at least 15-20 minutes and then scrub it off and wash your face. Remember to pat dry and not use a hard towel to wipe off. Wishing you a more glowing a beautiful you!