By: Rashi Kapoor
Are you surviving on a pocket money or have a shoestring budget and yet want to look chic and hip? I understand that if you are a college student, a home maker or someone hunting for a job, it’s tough for you to splurge too much. But who says that your wardrobe would suffer? Believe it or not, you can dress fashionably in lesser bucks… here are a few smart tips of doing it:
- Well-fitted and tailored jackets and clothing, which fits you perfectly makes you look worth a billion dollars.
- Look for classy and rich-looking fabric. Examples could be tweed, cotton and linen.
- When you are not sure of the colour, pick something in black – it never goes wrong. This magical colour hides the details of how much you bought it for and looks ravishing on most of us.
- Adding on a punch with some arty jewellery like a pair of nice earrings, big ring or necklace depending upon your outfit can pep up your look instantly. Watch out this space for an article on how to accessories and look chic. Some tips coming up soon on that.
- Are you particular about maintaining your shoes? Keeping your shoes clean and in shape is a must. Worn out, torn or dirty shoes are a big dampener. It doesn’t matter if you don’t own those designer pumps, but it doesn’t take much to maintain your heels. Go to your nearby shoemaker for a quick cleaning or repair.
- Washing the clothes in a washing machine regularly can take away their shine. Though dry-cleaning sounds expensive, but it makes your clothes last longer or hand wash expensive and sensitive clothes.
- Structured bags inspired by old Hollywood movies are in vogue these days. A simple bag that can go with many of your outfits is a good bargain. It doesn’t need to be very embellished or expensive.
- When buying new shoes in your budget, remember to choose something in faux suede rather than something that’s not leather.
- Keep a black and grey pencil skirt in your wardrobe as it can be teamed up with many tops.
Fashion is not only about clothing and accessories; it’s also about feeling and looking good. Most of the gals would think that taking care of your skin and beauty is an expensive deal. Not always! Let’s go through some tried and tested tips by not spending too much…
- What if you get a moisturiser that also is anti-aging? Two purposes achieved in one product! Isn’t that great?
- Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly is an inexpensive must-have. You can use it for dry and chapped lips and it also works wonders on cracked heels, if you don’t want to spend a lot on a foot cream.
- Can’t afford a spa treatment? Here’s a DIY trick that can give you a smooth skin at home. Try making a body scrub by mixing one part of olive oil with double sugar or salt. If you want some nice aroma, add a few drops of an essential oil of your choice and use it to gently massage over your body before a shower.
- A homemade exfoliant for face and body can be made by adding sugar, sea salt, baking soda and essential oils.
- To lock the moisture after the shower, try applying Johnson’s Baby Oil on your body if you do not have any expensive body lotion.
So, dress up and be your confident best without worrying to spend a fortune.